Work With Us
Fitness Studio Manager Job Posting
SOUL FUEL is a boutique fitness studio at Bloor & Dundas W offering a wide range of specialty in- studio, online, and outdoor small group classes, personal training, pop-up sessions, workshops and social events. Wherever you are in your fitness journey, we welcome you to SOUL FUEL to harness your power through movement. Fill up with STRENGTH. EMPOWERMENT. JOY.
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Studio Manager is the frontline company representative at the door. You will be greeting, checking clients in to classes, making sales, giving tours, and describing classes. The Manager handles the day-to-day studio administration and management. In addition to exceptional customer service, the Studio Manager hires, trains, and schedules all front desk staff, and makes sure the studio is fully stocked and running efficiently.
- Manage taking payments, scheduling classes/personal training/workshops/sessions in Mindbody software in conjunction with clients and trainers.
- Hire, train, schedule and supervise all front desk staff and energy exchange volunteers.
- Ensure operational excellence by maintaining positive client and staff relationships, troubleshooting, responding to client questions/concerns, and for areas of improvement in all aspects of the business. Ensure client expectations are being exceeded by our programming and services.
- Demonstrate strong client/customer service and retention skills; participate in the recruitment, maintenance, and retention of clients, and actively participate in the increasing of sales.
- Basic graphic design and website maintenance/editing/SEO (Wordpress), social media posts, newsletter creation, and Google Ads management.
- Previous management, customer service and sales experience.
- Experience and interest in fitness, health and/or wellness industry.
- Experience managing and training staff.
- Knowledge of software tools such as Mindbody and Zoom.
- Ability to work independently and problem-solve.
- Responsive, good writing skills, organized.
- Positive, outgoing, professional attitude is a must-have!
- Reliable, responsible and trustworthy.
- Must align with Company Values (below).
- Experience with Mindbody/Quickbooks/Google Ads/Wordpress.
- Interest in entrepreneurialism and small business development.
- Video editing, social media skills.
- Creative out-of-box thinking.
- CPR and First Aid training.
What’s in it for you:
- SOUL FUEL is a small studio with a lot of heart. It is home to its staff and if you love the fitness and wellness world, there is room to build and learn alongside this growing small business.
- It is a space people come to feel good, so we want all of our staff to feel the same. It is a positive and inclusive working and workout environment.
- There are several interesting arms to our business: program development, community outreach, teacher training, fitness retreats, company expansion.
- Because we are small, you have your hand in all elements of the business. When your ideas are implemented, you will see direct results of your efforts and energy come to fruition.
- Excellent leadership opportunity in a safe and supported environment, under the guidance and mentorship of an experienced entrepreneur.
- There will be adequate and ongoing training from our current Studio Manager and Studio Owner, in order to equip you for success.
- Free access to classes and the gym.
Part-time over a 3-month trial period, with the option to go full-time, should that be of interest. Mornings must be worked at the studio. Work from home in later afternoons is an option.
Monday to Friday 9:00am to 2pm (25 hours weekly)
SALARY: $22 – 27 per hour commensurate on experience and qualifications. Annual sales bonus. Should you be a qualified fitness trainer, additional opportunities available at $40-50 per hour for personal training and $50-75 per group class.
Please send cover letter, resume and any other relevant materials to MJ Shaw at [email protected] by Friday, September 2nd. Job interviews will begin Monday, August 22nd.
SOUL FUEL commits to these values:
ACCEPTANCE over Judgment.
PROGRESS over Perfection.
PRESENT over Before/After.
INCLUSIVE over Exclusive.
HEALTH over Aesthetics.
KINDNESS over Coolness.
JOY over Pain.