Winter Retreat to Heat Up & Dig Deep
February 4th to 11th, 2023
MJ has run dozens of international yoga retreats and CocoLoco is one of her all-time favourite spaces. Should you have any questions about the retreat centre or Nicaragua, MJ has been several times and knows the country well. Please reach out: [email protected]
Package price includes:
- 7 nights shared accommodations at Coco Loco Eco Resort
- Airport transfers between Managua International Airport & Coco Loco Eco Resort
- 4 fresh, healthy meals daily & non-alcoholic beverages (vegan & vegetarian options available)
- 3 daily yoga & fitness classes (not all mandatory)
- 3 wellness workshops
- Volcano Tour
- Surfing Lessons
- Horseback Riding on the beach
- Volunteering for Waves of Hope
Price: $1550 USD or $2100 CDN
Space is limited to 20 guests.
- 7:00am: Coffee & fruit available
- 7:30am: Meditation & FUEL FLOW Yoga (75 mins)
- 9:00am: Breakfast
- 11:30am: Fitness Class (30-45 mins)
- 1:00pm: Lunch
- 2:00pm: Surfing, reading, swimming, sleeping, massage...
- 4:30pm: Specialty Workshop (ie. holistic nutrition)
- 6:00pm: Sunset SOUL STRETCH Restorative Yoga (60 mins)
- 7:30pm: Dinner
MJ Shaw - Movement Expert & Owner
Melissa-Jane (MJ) has been teaching multiple movement modalities for over 25 years and has made her life’s work is to move people into their power. Originally a gymnast and dancer, MJ's training and teaching experience spans all forms of fitness, yoga and dance. In 2008 MJ founded Dynamic Retreats, which hosted dozens of international yoga, fitness and wellness retreats. MJ has her Masters in Theatre from UofT, was a professional actor and dancer for 30 years, and continues to choreograph for film and tv and teach classes at her studio SOUL FUEL. As an entrepreneur and leader, MJ has mentored hundreds of women and hopes to exchange some kernels of insight and inspiration to help harness your power. MJ is a cheap joker, politics junkie, pop-music lover, and proud IVF mother. Certifications: ACE (PT/Group), AFAA, CanFitPro (FIS/PT), Yoga Alliance, Canadian Federation of Coaches, BATD and more.
Magz Kordiuk - Trainer & Nutrition Expert
Magz has been teaching fitness classes for almost a decade, everything from HIIT, Spin, TRX, Boocamps, Lifting and Stretching. Magz has a BA in History, but Fitness is her true vocation. Certifications: Canfitpro (PT Specialist), TRX and more. Certified Plant-Based Nutritionist. Plant based food/fuel has led Magz into a new passion towards healthy eating and lifestyle. But travel, the ocean and nature have her soul - she loves being under water and diving. Magz is fuelled by empowering people to feel the immense benefits of movement and strength that she's felt in the studio and in life.